Click to Get your website visibility audit, competitor comparison, and a custom targeted local marketing planLocal SEO Statistics for 2017
Most businesses are local, not global. In 2014 Google gave local business a way to challenge the big guys AND more importantly, beat the unworthy competitor down the street.
Google introduced Pigeon, which gave local businesses the ability to compete for search rankings on a local level. In short, Google began to give a ranking boost to businesses in close proximity to the searcher in location-specific searches (ex. “bar near me”, “Miami Dentists”, etc.).
Pigeon laid out the red carpet for local businesses to profit in the world of search engines. Those understand local focused marketing are winning big.
1. 72% of consumers who perform a local search visit a store within 5 miles of their current location.
2. 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly site.
3. 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations.
4. 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
5. 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
6. 18% of location-based mobile searches result in a sale within one day.